Apr 27, 2009

Review | The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy


I got this book for Christmas two years ago, right after the movie came out in theatres. I tried reading it about four times, before I actually made it a goal of mine to finish it. It was tough. I've been reading it on and off for about four months and although I know I don't remember all the details, I finally finished it a 12:23AM. The book is based on The Black Dahlia murder of the late 40's and although it was a while, maybe some hundred and something pages, before both cops really started getting deep in the investigation, it was interesting to read. It was sad and dark, and kind of raw maybe. I don't think I'll ever pick it up again, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

________________________________________

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.