Nov 15, 2009

Review | Book of Shadows, Book #1: Sweep by Cate Tiernan



Morgan and her best friend, Bree, are introduced to Wicca when a gorgeous senior named Cal invites them to join his new coven. Morgan falls for Cal immediately— and discovers that she has strong, inexplicable powers.

Thoughts: This book was sort of ehh for me.

Now that I have finished it, I want to know what happens next because the last chapter has a pretty major cliff hanger, but overall I thought the story was sort of bland.

The characters were sort of uninteresting, with no real personality, and I found it hard to relate or even like them much. It did have a lot of interesting information on Wicca and magick, but the story could have been more descriptive and a little more exciting. It just didn't have too much going on.

I've heard the other books are better, and this one is sort of just starting the story off, so I really want to get to the second one soon.


happy reading :)

2 comments

  1. Yes, I would have to say the rest are better - I read the sweep series, it's REALLY long, and some books were totally better than others, but if you like magick and a long series it's a nice read. Pretty quick too, since the books are so short. :) Hope you pick up the next one to see if you like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a bummer that you found the characters so lacking. the story sounded so good from the initial description you had.

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.