Mar 3, 2010

Review | The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place.

Thoughts: I cheated a little. I'd originally given this book 4/5 stars, but after I started thinking of what I was going to write, I thought "What the heck was I thinking? This is a 5 star book, definitely." So here we are.

You've heard this book is amazing? It's true, it really is. The author was able to create a harsh new world with a magnificent and exciting adventure story. It was action packed, suspenseful, and even contained some humor and romance at the best moments. There are a great set of characters that you'll connect with and enjoy, enough twists and turns to keep you at the edge of your seat, and cliff-hanging chapter endings that'll have you saying "Just one more page..." all through the night.

This is a powerful, thought-provoking, page-turning book that once you start, you won't be able to put down until it's over. And then you'll reach for the next one. What else can I say that hasn't been said already? I loved it. And yes, it made me cry too. If you haven't read it, you must. 'Nuff said.






Favorite Line(s):
"You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope."

"I don't want to lose the boy with the bread."

This book was provided by the local library

10 comments

  1. Oo, I love this book. It was amazing and totally unique. And I'm so glad you loved it, too. Honestly, I haven't heard one person say they didn't.

    Great review. And I love those quotes! Now I want to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I REALLY need to read this XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why I never got your feed updates! I thought you'd disappeared :(

    I am dying to read this book...thank you for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an awesome book. I remember being skeptical at first, but then I was swept away by it. Can't wait for Mockingjay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an AMAZING book! Wait til you get to the next one. Suzanne leaves you with one killer ending. I'm frothing at the mouth for book # 3 slated to release in August *eek*

    Great review chica =)
    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, another Hunger Games fan! Glad you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I the last person who hasn't start this series yet..they sound so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read about a hundred or so pages of this book and then kind of put it down again. Everyone is so crazy about it thought which lead me to think I'm the problem lol. I'll have to give it another try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome thoughts on this one and I totally agree. I really enjoyed this book- it was very original.

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.