Jul 15, 2010

Review | When Mike Kissed Emma by Christine Marciniak


Emma Landon has a plan: she's going to be in the high school musical and sing the most romantic song possible to her boyfriend. She's not looking for the lead, just a decent part where she and Trevor can dance together on stage. The plan starts to unravel when she gets the starring role, and playing opposite her is not her perfect boyfriend, but the school loner, Biker Mike. When Mike kisses Emma at the school dance, everything changes. Emma must figure out what is more important-the way things look or something deeper.

Thoughts: When I signed up for this, I'd never heard of it but thought it sounded interesting. I got it in the mail, and from the look of the cover, I didn't think I would like this. But I should know better by now than to judge a book by its cover because I was nicely surprised and really enjoyed it.

The story is short and sweet, with all the usual twists and turns of any high school based novel with a predictable, but fun ending. I really enjoyed the characters and although I disliked some of Emma's friends, I was able to connect with the book enough to actually dislike them for what they would do or say.

The plot was sort of fast paced and revolved around the high schools production of The Sound of Music and everything that might happen between the cast and after school. I thought it was cute that the author used lines from the actual play they were performing to use as chapter headings.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cute, romantic and quick story about high school lovers and I can't wait to see more on this author.

Favorite Quote: "A nice person would have stood up for me, not let everyone think the worst of me."

This book was provided by Around the World Tours for review.

3 comments

  1. I've wondered about this one. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I had thought the same thing when I saw the cover. I'll have to think about reading it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I really liked this one as well.

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.