Aug 23, 2010

Review | Winter Longing by Tricia Mills


A plane crash in Alaska takes Winter’s first love away forever...

When Winter's boyfriend is killed in a plane crash in the Alaskan wilderness, she's robbed of the future she'd only just allowed herself to believe might be hers. Winter and Spencer had been destined for one another. And after his death, Spencer's presence continues to haunt her.

But when her next-door neighbor becomes an unlikely friend, Winter begins to accept all that she can't change. Can she open herself to a new future... and a possible new love?

Cover: I like the cover, I think it's sweet and then it sort of has me wondering if it's Winter and Spencer or Jesse...and I love the colors.

Thoughts: From reading the summary, you know what's coming. Yet, reading about the hope Winter has of seeing Spencer again makes you sort of hope that she will see him, and you sort of forget what we already know what's going to happen. And when he dies and Winter finds out, I was every bit as heartbroken as she was.

I really liked Winter, and she reminded me of myself sometimes. I could easily put myself in her shoes and the author's way of expressing her emotions really had me feeling the pain with her. Her best friend Lindsay is also a great character and the way she struggled with her problems and the death of Spencer added so much to the book and to her and Winter's friendship. And what can I say about Jesse? I loved him. I thought he was a great, sweet and very patient guy who cared about Winter and who really helped her.

So obviously after reading only the first few pages, I was hooked to the story and I wanted to keep reading and not stop. So I did. I read this book in a few hours and I definitely recommend you to pick it up. It is a heartbreaking, yet hopeful story about young love, pain and moving on. It is really a great book you shouldn't miss out on.

Favorite Quote: "Why couldn't a broken heart heal as fast as a broken bone?"

This book was provided by YA Addict ARC Tours.

2 comments

  1. Wonderful review, Cindy! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it. I can't wait to read it. Your review makes me want to read it this very moment. I completely agree with you on the cover. It's sweet and the colors are just perfect. Wonderful review, Cindy. Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I like how you include your favorite quote at the bottom, I might have to start doing this :)
    I've awarded you the One Lovely Blogger Award! Here is the link:
    http://everylastpage.blogspot.com/2010/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.