Nov 2, 2010

hello blog world, i have missed you so.

Hello everyone! It's been so long since I've been here, but I am finally back. I had to take an unexpected hiatus just because I was dealing with so many things, problems, school, looking for work, and just life. We all know how that goes right? But things are looking up and I am currently working on getting some books, returning a lot of them, and just getting back on track with my reading and blogging. Because I have missed it!

I've had a chance to read quite a number of books in these past...months, has it been? Yes, I do believe so. And I owe many reviews to some tours but like I said, I am finally getting back on track. It'll probably take me a couple days, maybe even another week or so, to get everything settled but can I just say...it was nice to open up my dashboard this morning and see that everything was just the same. You are all still here, reading, reviewing, writing and blogging and everything and I am so glad I get to come back to it all.

I have many books to still review like I mentioned but I was thinking about the whole purpose of my blog. When I first started blogging, I had no idea there was an entire...book blogging world out there waiting for me. I really only started writing about the books I read because I wanted to keep track of what I was reading over the years, but now...gosh, it's been almost two years and my blog has come a long way. Some of you might not think so, by looking at it...but I mean, I started with 0 followers. I never expected to exceed 10 or 20, but now I'm at 250+!! I find that amazing.

Anyways, I've always loved reading. That's obvious right? But since I got this blog, I've also become a bookaholic, and there's nothing wrong with that for some, except that I just wanted every book out there and I just started accumulating all these books, piles and piles of books, and I rush to get through them and to get the next one, and it felt...overwhelming and at the same time I actually felt a little bored with reading. I mean, can you believe it?! It just became such a hassle. So although my hiatus was unexpected and unwanted, I was able to slow down and relax and take a break.

Now that I am back, I want to change my reading habits. If I take a week or two or even a month to read a book, I am going to be okay with that. I want to enjoy my reading and if I rush through a book, I want it to be because I just can't put it down, not because I have to mail it out within a time limit. You know what I mean? So it may seem like I'm not back sometimes, but I am. I'm just taking my time and enjoying my books. I think this will also help me improve my reviews and such. We'll see how it goes. And although I would never consider not receiving ARC's, I might hold off on those for a while. And about buying books...well that's just not happening for me now.

So I'll start catching up on my reviews, and I'm making sure to stop by all the blogs I follow to see the changes and everything going on. I am definitely glad to be back.

happy reading :)

and thanks for reading this entire thing, for those of you that did.

6 comments

  1. While I've never allowed my self to get overwhelmed, I do definitely know the feeling.

    It sounds like you're doing the right thing slowing down.

    Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at that. I didn't even know you were missing... New follower. (Thanks for finding me.)

    You have a beautiful blog here. :)

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that overwhelmed feeling, I get it whenever I enter into a new "sphere" and realize just how MUCH information there is in the world, and then you're stuck between wanting to find out more and intimidated by the sheer amount
    also, having lots of books and no bookshelf is a pain for me lol
    anyways, welcome back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're back! You're back! You're back! I'm so so so glad you're back...in case you couldn't tell haha :)

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.