Nov 9, 2011

Author Event | Becca Fitzpatrick, Elizabeth Miles & Moira Young


About a month ago, I got the opportunity to meet author's Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush saga) Elizabeth Miles (Fury) and Moira Young (Blood Red Road.) It was an awesome event to attend at one of my local B&N store. I arrived a little late so I had to sit all the way in the back.

All three planned to read from their books, but since Becca figured maybe a good chunk of the crowd might not have read the second or third books in her saga (and she was right!) she told us a sweet story on how one of the scenes was inspired from her teen years. Pretty funny stuff that involves a hot dog and peer pressure :)

Elizabeth did read from Fury and it sounds like such a creepy book! I definitely need to get to reading that. I bought the HC of the book even though I had an ARC copy.

Moira told us how she was an actress and a few other things before deciding to write, so when she read from Blood Red Road it was so awesome. She "acted" out some of it by changing voices and moving around a bit. It was such an intense scene too; another book I am dying to read!


After they answered some questions from the audience, there was signing. The line for Becca was the longest, so I got to take pictures and chat with Moira and Elizabeth. This resulted in being one of the last to meet Becca. By then I was tired and anxious to get homebut it was definitely worth the wait. Becca was super nice and she was handing out signed posters to everyone who wanted them. Overall, it was awesome!






5 comments

  1. That looks like it was so much fun! I wish authors would come around here! Argh! Apparently Kansas is too boring! ;)

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Becca Fitzpatrick! That must have been soo fun! I wish I was there, haha.

    Oh and by the way, I accidentally entered the giveaway not realizing that it was only open for US residents! So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for this giveaway! I would love to win that poster!!! I really love this series. Hope you had fun in the signing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. your so lucky you got to meet Becca! & thanks for the giveaway. whoever is the winner is VERY lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The signing looks fab! Wish I could attend events like this... And the signed poster, even more beautiful than the Silence cover!

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.