Jun 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday | Top 10 Books @ ALA

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top 10 Books I am Most Excited to Read
(from ALA)
This past weekend, I got the opportunity to attend ALA and I got a lot of great books. But because I knew some sort of controversy would ensue due to the fact that bloggers were able to attend and then get a large part of the ARC's handed out, I decided to keep my hauls to myself. Instead, for my first list I decided I would just write up a list of the top ten books I got that I am most excited to read.

1. The Raft by S.A. Bodeen
I saw the cover for this one and I was just like :O It just looks so interesting!
The publisher definitely recommended it so I am really looking forward to reading this soon.

2. Ten by Gretchen McNeil
I had no idea this was inspired by And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
until the publisher told me, and since that is one of my favorite books, I knew I had to read it. I can't wait!
    
3. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
She is just an awesome author and this book sounds just awesome,
so I am sure I will love it :)

4. Cinder & Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I still haven't read Cinder but now that I also have a copy
of Scarlet on my shelf, I must read them!

5. Erasing Time by C.J. Hill
This one sounds really awesome! And I have heard
only good things about it :)

6. Yesterday by C.K. Kelly Martin
That cover is just...wow. And it sounds like an amazing
read that was definitely recommended by several people. 

7. The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
Quite a few bloggers have been raving about this
one and it sounds like a fantastic book!


8. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
That cover alone creeps me out! I can't wait to find
out what's within the pages of this book.


9. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
I love her writing and she was really excited to share with me what
her new book was about. I am really expecting to love this one too :)

10. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
This one has been pretty popular and I am intrigued. I am
very interested in finding out more about that cover too :D

Well there you have it! Those are the books I am most excited about that I got at ALA. There are a lot more and this was sure a tough list to narrow down, but I will probably be reading a few of these asap. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has an awesome weekend :)

6 comments

  1. I'm so excited about Ten! It looks amazing, and I love the cover. Really looking forward to Carnival of Souls too, I keep hearing good things about it. Hope you enjoy all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for Raven boys as well, I haven't read Cinder yet either, definitely putting it on my summer reading list though.
    Great blog
    Amy
    http://teenyreader.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Raven Boys and Out of the Easy have beautiful covers. Cinder is a wonderful read, a great retelling :D

    -Dannielle /TheUnseelieNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I whole heartedly agree with your top ten also the cover for The Archived is AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read Ten and The Archived. Great picks! I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinder is AH-MA-ZING. So very jealous of you having Scarlet too :)

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.