Apr 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday | Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: I started reading this series when I was twelve years old and by the time I finished it, I still had years before I would actually begin blogging. All the books are still my favorites, of course.
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I borrowed a copy from the library, just because. I had a few hours before going to work one day, so I drove to a nearby park and read and read. I got so caught up in the story I was late to work that day. I have loved it ever since.
3. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell: This book took me about a million years to finish (I think it was like, three months, or something) but I loved every second of it. Sure, sometimes I wanted to fling it across the room, but that only made me love it more. One day, I will re-read it. 
4. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume: This is the only Blume book I have ever read and I picked it up on a whim at my local pharmacy. I could not get enough of it, and convinced my best friend to try it too. She loved it also. It has been a favorite for many years. 
5. The Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn: Another random pharmacy buy (before I was a blogger, I rarely went to bookstores! *le gasp*) I had no idea it was an entire series, so I accidentally picked up the last book, first. I devoured it. And then I realized I still had seven more books on this family to read. I was in heaven. I devoured those books, too. The only series I have ever finished in a matter of weeks.
6. The Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer: Okay, so I only read the first three books before I became a blogger. Breaking Dawn was one of my first few reviews here! I read Twilight before New Moon was published and I almost died in anticipation. Same goes for the other two books. I read these books faster than I had read any book in years. They sparked my interest for Young Adult. And the rest, is history.
7. God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo: I picked up a copy of this book for two bucks at a thrift store only because I liked the quote on the cover. Little did I know that this book would be so amazing within. It blew me away. 
8. Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie: This was my first adult Romance at the young age of thirteen. I flew through this book and then became addicted to all romance novels, and all books written by Jennifer Crusie. I own all her books; the only author under this category. (Also, this was another pharmacy buy!) 
9. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: I saw the movie first. While I don't love the book as much as I love the movie, it's still one of my favorites. 
10. Never Too Much by Lori Foster: Another addicting romance that I couldn't get enough of. While I didn't particularly like any of the other books I read by this author, this one definitely stood out for me. And I'm pretty sure I bought this one at my local pharmacy. 

What are your Top Ten this Tuesday? Leave your link below :)

16 comments

  1. The Twilight books were some of the books that got me into reading YA! I'm also a fan of Austen, though I have Sense & Sensibility on my list. Harry Potter! I have a feeling it's going to be on a lot of people's Top Ten's, too. Excellent list! I'm not familiar with all of them, but those I am I love to bits!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Gone with the Wind and Pride & Prejudice. I was seriously obsessed with Margaret Mitchell in about 7th grade. Seriously unhealthy, looking back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twilight! I really enjoyed reading the Twilight series. I read it while I was blogging, but I never reviewed the books. I just couldn't explain my feelings for them, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting list! I'd bet my sister's might be similar to yours. I love that you have Judy Blume on there. I remember reading her books as a kid and really enjoying them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every list I've visited so far has Harry Potter on it :D I totally get why; who doesn't love Harry Potter? :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, I've never read any of her younger aged books! I might have to check at least one out though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her! She's my favorite historical romance author <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I really want to read it again though! It's probably the longest book I have ever read though, so it'll be tough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked Sense & Sensibility but I didn't read it until after I was blogging. Harry Potter should be on everyone's list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure how I would have reviewed them! I might have to read them again soon just to see how I feel about them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot to HP and Twilight. Neither made my own list but they are both great series. Nice list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read Summer Sisters years and years ago and really loved it! And Twilight was one of the series that got me back into reading & YA, too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting stack of books here. Twilight should have made my list, but I totally forgot. I didn't read Harry Potter until just a few years ago, but <3<3<3 That's actually all I've read. Maybe I'll check out some of these other ones like God-shaped Hole.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! Twilight is on many TT lists and I love that. This series ignited my YA love, too:)

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.