Apr 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday | Rewind: Ten Characters (and Literary Figures) that I'd Name My Children After

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey guys! I didn't mean to be absent so much last week but you know how it goes, I got caught up with life and stuff. Anyways, this week's Top Ten Tuesday is the bloggers choice, so I decided to go ahead and pick the Top Ten Literary Names I'd Name My Children After. This topic seems like a fun and kind of silly one, since I don't know if a) I will have children one day and b) if I will actually name them after these literary characters. But to be honest, some of these are choices that I would really really choose for my children if I had some.

1.Atticus [To Kill A Mockingbird]: This is one of those real life choices that I have even discussed with my boyfriend about. It will most likely be a middle name, but I almost like it better as a first name.
2. Jane [Jane Austen]: After reading Pride and Prejudice, I fell in love with Jane Austen. While I haven't read all her books, I have read enough to know I will love her forever. 
3. Serenity and/or Zoe [Serenity]: Okay, so this one is more based on the show than anything else, and is another one of those real life choices. But it is book related, kind of :)
4. Paul [How to Kill a Rockstar]: Because he was awesome and I loved this book and it's music related. 
5. Jesse or Miles or Tuck [Tuck Everlasting]: This is one of my all-time favorite books and I think if I had to choose one book to name my children after, it would have to be this one. 
6. Davy [Welcome to Temptation]: I adored him, really. And this is one of my favorite books of all time. 
7. Adam [If I Stay]: Because this book ripped my heart out.
8. Augustus or just Gus [The Fault in Our Stars]: Need I say more?
9. Daniel [My Name is Memory]: This is one of those books that I still talk about even though it's been years since I read it because it is still so very special to me. 
10. Sam [Shiver]: I thought this book was super cute and even though I didn't cry, it still meant a lot to me. 

Did anyone notice that the majority of my list consisted of male names? I've always wanted boys. Haha. 
What Top Ten did you choose this week? Leave some links below and I'll make sure to stop by yours too!

7 comments

  1. Awww, I like that you put Sam from Shiver in there. He really is such a good guy, isn't he? I love the name Atticus, and Tuck is great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From To Kill a Mockingbird, I really like the name Scout, but my hubby hates it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What a great set of names! You can really find some great ones in books, can't you? I swing toward contemporary westerns so I would end up with names like Colt, Starr, Dallas, Justin...

    We chose to share our Favorite Places to Read this week on Harlie's Books. Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Jane :) There is something simple and pretty about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Augustus <3 I don't think I really like the name, but the character behind it is amazing.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your picks are pretty tame compared to lots of names I've seen on lists today! I went with very conservative names for my children since, after all, the poor things have to live with them for the REST OF THEIR LIVES. Giving them "unique" or trendy names would have been cruel :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I don't think I would name my kid after Gus but I LOVE HIM. He's such a brilliant character. But I love Adam, Zoe (or Serenity, both of them) and Jane a lot. These are great picks :)

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.