Sep 20, 2013

Author Event | Gretchen McNeil and Kendare Blake



Two nights ago I got the chance to go to Mysterious Galaxy for an author event. It had been a few months since I went to any author event so I was really excited to go even though I have met both Gretchen McNeil and Kendare Blake before. The event started at 7:30pm and I was a wee bit late.

As usual, McNeil was in an amazing dress and shoes! I love her style and always admire what she's wearing. Blake is also so cool, and she shared with us that she recently got a quote from the Illiad, which makes her that much more awesome! Anyways, the authors began by telling us a bit about their books.

I'd heard of 3:59 previously from McNeil herself at another event so I was really excited to finally grab a copy. Earlier that week, I had picked up a copy of Antigoddess, but I hadn't even read the synopsis yet, so I was completely fascinated as Blake told us all about it. It sounds so good, and I can't wait to finally dive into it.

Both authors are great when speaking to crowds, and it was obvious that neither of them wanted to read from their books (just because they didn't know what to read from them!) so they jumped straight into questions. I never ask questions (actually, I did ask a question once but that rarely ever happens) but I am always interested in what others ask, especially if they don't know the author or his/her writing.

After the questions died down, there was the signing and I always feel super awkward talking to authors cause they are so awesome and stuff. I went to purchase my copy of 3:59 and also grabbed a copy of NOS4A2 by Joe Hill which Kendare Blake highly recommended, and so did the book seller.

Even though I didn't say much to either author, I did ask to take pictures with both of them after they were done signing my books. I am really looking forward to reading both books since I have previously enjoyed their work. And that was my night! Happy reading :)

1 comment

  1. I'm so jealous that you met Kendare! I'm a huge fan, and hoped to meet her last October, but my schedule was too busy.

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.