Jan 17, 2014

Oh, hello there and happy new year.



Okay, so I'm a little late. 17 days or so to be exact. But hey, I'm here! So I can't say it's been easy or better, but life is starting to work out for me again. And guess what? I miss blogging. I miss all of your pretty blog faces and your reviews. I haven't read a book in months and that makes me want to cry. But enough of regrets. It's a new year!

So for the last two years I have made short lists of goals and resolutions. The first year I did this, my goals were focused on blogging and reading. Last year, I made different lists for reading and personal goals, most of which I didn't accomplish but that's okay. I honestly don't want to set all these unrealistic goals for myself this year, so I've decided to keep it simple.

  • Read books: My Goodreads challenge says 52 books, but it also says I am two behind already. So guess what? I just want to read. It doesn't matter how many. I will be happy with just a few :)

  • Read for fun: I want to read what I want. I still read way to many books I felt "obligated" to read last year. No more of that.

  • Review: By this I mean, keep this blog somewhat active. I don't want to promise myself to review five times a week or even once a week. As long as I review every once in a while, that's great with me.

  • Stay healthy: I did it, I changed my lifestyle and went all healthy. I don't know what it was that finally made me do it, but a few months before the end of 2013, I joined the gym and quit fast food. I don't go every day, but I go at least 3 times a week. And I can't help it, I sometimes have a cheat meal. But I have improved my health drastically and I want to keep it up. And you know the best part? I love running and healthy snacks. Who knew? :)

That's it! Simple right? I think so. I really think this is the best list I have ever made because it's not change. I hate resolutions because I don't keep them for more than a few weeks. Instead, I have decided to do things the way I really want. This is going to be a better year.

Happy 2014 everyone. And happy reading :)

3 comments

  1. This sounds perfect. Is pretty much what I've decided on for the new year too. There's a lot of books I want to read, but didn't because they didn't seem like what I should be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you're back! :D And yay for getting healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have figured out some great goals for yourself, and ones that won't stress you out trying to accomplish them. Awesome that you are eating healthier and getting more exercise. :) I hope you get to read many books that you love in 2014! Happy New Year!
    ~Jess

    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.