Apr 3, 2015

I never actually don't read. I read often, sometimes just a few pages when I have breakfast, sometimes just a couple sentences while I'm waiting in line. I normally have a book with me, even if I have a small purse, I'll just have a book in my car. It's part of the things I grab when I run out the door (keys, wallet, glasses, book, etc.)

It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I realized I felt like I was forcing myself to read books I didn't want to. For example, Fight Club. I've had this book sitting on my shelf for years and I finally decided to give it a go because so many people love it and I haven't seen the movie... And you know what? I didn't like it. I gave up about halfway thinking, "Yuck, I can't finish this." There was nothing particularly wrong with the story or anything, it just wasn't for me. Palahniuk's writing has never grabbed my attention the way it has for other people. That's okay though.

Instead, I grabbed a sweet, little contemporary book that my 12 year old cousin let me borrow (ha!) and I loved it. I seriously could not put it down. I was done with it in a few days which hardly ever happens to me anymore! At some point while reading this book, I looked up and thought to myself...this is what I had been missing. Reading books that I loved to read. And most of them may be fluffy and fictional, but they're my favorites 

2 comments

  1. Glad you're back and that you're finding books you love to read again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing rejuvenates the love of reading like a good book we can really get into. Glad you found your's.

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.