Apr 9, 2015

Review | The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

There's usually a reason for me to pick up a book. Usually there's hype surrounding it, or a movie being released soon, or a club read, etc. I don't normally pick up books at random. But I created a TBR jar sometime last year and that's how The Raven Boys was picked up. While it has hype and has been really popular, I heard very little about it. I fell completely in love with the story and cannot wait to read the rest of the series.

There is nothing I can say about the awesomeness of this book that hasn't been said already. So let me just say that I love how magical Stiefvater's books are. Everytime I read something she's written, I feel like I'm dipping myself into a pool of magic. From her unique take on the fantasy genre, to her amazing description of characters, I always feel like I'm part of a fairytale.

Stiefvater always has several characters the reader follows, different points of views, and a lot of development for each of them but it all works. Stiefvater's writing is so easy to get enveloped in and her characters are easy to get to know. I usually just want to pull them out of the books and hug them and be their friend. That's how The Raven Boys made me feel.

I have to admit that it took me a little bit to really get into the story. Not because it was bad bt because it has a bit of a slow beginning. It wasn't about 50 or so pages that I was actually truly sucked into the book, but once I was hooked, I could not put it down.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.