Jun 4, 2015

Review | The Distance Between Us by Katie West

My twelve year old cousin let me borrow this one and after letting it sit on my shelf for a few months, I decided to pick it up. It was exactly what I needed to get me out of the reading slump I was in. Light, fluffy, funny, and with just the right kind of romance that had my giggling in class (seriously!) I got through The Distance Between Us quicker than I have gotten through any book in such a long time! It was the perfect contemporary romance .

The characters and the plot have been done a million times over: A poor sarcastic girl who doesn't trust rich people but falls for the rich, handsome guy because he turns out to be a really nice guy despite what she's believed all her life. We've all read that one before right? West was able to offer a few unique qualities to each character, to the story and how it all wrapped up nicely, which made it not completely predictable. This is was exactly was I was hoping for when I opened up the book and I was glad to not be disappointed from beginning to end.

The Distance Between Us is pretty much a perfect book to read right now that summer is finally here (at least for us SoCal residents) and definitely an amusing and fun read that will have you hooked. Caymen and Xander are the perfect set of characters to develop and it was fun getting to know them, along with the best friends and parents that didn't disappear once the romance begins. It has the right amount of drama and cutesy scenes to make any contemporary lover swoon even a little bit. So if you love sweet romance and happy endings, The Distance Between Us is definitely for you.
“Note to self: Caymen is very good at sarcasm.”

“If you’re recording notes for an official record, I’d like the word ‘very’ stricken and replaced with ‘exceptionally’.”

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.