May 17, 2016

Review | The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder


Title: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
Series: N/A
Genre: YA - Contemporary
Publication: June 28th 2011 by Simon Pulse
Format: Hardcover
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★☆☆☆☆

Synopsis: One moment can change everything.

Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.


Thoughts: I sometimes enjoy books written in verse, but sometimes don't. I've had The Day Before sitting on my shelf for years, and maybe I missed when it was actually magical because for me it was forgettable. I didn't care for Amber much, and while her situation did seem like something that was hard to go through, I had a hard time feeling anything for her. I think this story would have been so much better if not written in verse, but to each their own.

I have enjoyed Schroeder's work, though, so I shall definitely give her other books a chance. The Day Before was not for me.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.