Sep 13, 2017

Quick Reviews #6 | Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur // Whiskey, Words, & a Shovel by r.h. Sin

NOTE → This is a quick set of reviews on books I read some time ago, in attempts to catch up on reviews. I do not have a star rating for these reviews, but I do try to express how I felt about the book. This is a feature I am bringing back and will be regularly used to share my thoughts on books.

Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur

Synopsis: milk and honey is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. It is about the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose, deals with a different pain, heals a different heartache. milk and honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.

Quick Thoughts: This book of poetry has been everywhere, especially because this author's poetry is popular on the Instagram. It's split into four parts, and the poems all focus on that specific theme (ex The Hurting vs. The Loving) and I liked the organization of these poems. It was an easy book of poems to read and I was able to enjoy it since I'm not a big poetry reader, but didn't find it as spectacular as many others have.

Whiskey, Words, & a Shovel by r.h. Sin

Synopsis: Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel is author R.H. Sin's first book of poetry.

Quick Thoughts: Like the "synopsis" states, this is the first book of poetry by R.H. Sin and it's sort of a mix of random poems that can also be found on Instagram. A few of them were really good, but mostly I was disappointed with how unoriginal these were. It felt like he was just creating random poems in order to have enough to get a book published. I know this poet has become a lot more popular, especially as he has released more books of poetry (Vol 2 and 3) but I am not sure if I want to try his work again. It is a quick read, but not something I really enjoyed enough to give it another shot. Maybe I'll check out his more recent Instagram work before deciding.


Video Review

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.