Oct 27, 2017

Unfinished Reads #5



Arena by Holly Jennings

I tried so hard to finish this, but I really couldn't get into the story. It was really good, but also really reminded of The Hunger Games with a sort of twist. I want to pick this up again in the future, but when I'm up for a science fiction/dystopian book. At the moment, I am okay with waiting.

Rating: DNF

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
I think I really could've enjoyed this one except when I was listening to the audiobook, the narrator sounded like she was speaking through her teeth and I couldn't continue listening to it. I tried a hard copy and I could still hear the narrators voice in my head and I knew I wouldn't be able to read this any time soon. I know it sounds silly but it's been quite some time that I put down that book and thinking of that now still makes me cringe.

Rating: DNF
Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie

This is such a disappointment for me. Jennifer Crusie has been one of my all time favorite authors for years and years, and when I picked this up, I honestly thought I would fly through it. I was so sad when I found this one to be completely unoriginal and pretty silly of a story. I skimmed most of the last half of the book and really didn't care for the story much.

Rating: 

A Midsummer's Night's Scream by R.L. Stine

I'd been looking forward to picking up an R.L. Stine book for years since I found out he had some YA out but this was pretty bad. It was similar to his Fear Street books but it felt like it was for a much younger audience. Maybe I've outgrown his books, but this was such a cringy book that I really couldn't read the whole thing, so I skimmed the entirety of the book.

Rating: 

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.