Nov 2, 2017

This or That | Bookish Edition


I've been seeing this floating around a few blogs and I wanted to participate too! I haven't done a random kind of post in forever, so I figured it would be fun. This was created/started by Wendy over at Falconer's Library.

Buy new or buy used?
Both, depends on my budget. If I am able to buy it new, then I do, but if I am trying not to spend much I will only buy used books

Eat while you read or read while you eat?
Read while I eat, definitely. I don't tend to eat when I read as much.

Re-read old favorites or pre-order upcoming possibilities?
I don't usually pre-order books but if it is something I have been anticipating for a while, I'll buy it around the release date. And I also re-read old favorites from time to time. So, both again.

Read every single word or skim at times?
Read every single word unless I've decided to possibly DNF the book and want to know where it goes without actually reading it in its entirety.

Happy endings or tragic?
I want to say tragic because they make me feel more, but I am all for happy endings too.

Audiobooks or ebooks?
Audiobooks! They're my second favorite format. I really can't read many books in eBook format.

Multiple books at once, or one at a time?
Multiple books although right now I am in the middle of too many and I think I need to cut back on the too many books at once, so I am going to try and go back to one at a time.

Mostly one genre, or a little bit of everything?
Definitely a little bit of everything, although I do stick with fiction.

Lifelong obsession or later (re)discovery?
Ever since I learned to read, I have loved it.

Classics--yea or nay?
Yea but not too often.

Read aloud to others or be read to?
I like to read aloud to the children I work with, but normally don't otherwise.

Absolute silence or background noise/music?
Either, I can read with both although I usually turn on some background music when its late and I'm alone.

Cover on or naked?
Naked because I don't like messing up the dustjackets of my hardcover books!

Dog-ear or bookmark?
Bookmarks! I used to dog-ear but now I just can't.

Movie covers or originals?
I hate movie covers!

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.