Nov 9, 2017

Unfinished Reads #6






The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner

I really wanted to enjoy this one because it was about 9/11 but I had difficulties really connecting with one of the characters because of the prose in the book. Gave this one a good try before ultimately DNF'ing it.

Rating: DNF


French Milk by Lucy Knisley

I read most of this, but found it redundant and a bit boring so I skimmed the last third or so of the book. Really disappointed in how uninteresting this was.

Rating: 



Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

This had the potential to being an interesting story, and the characters were almost interesting until they met and there was the insta-love. It was such an awkward book, and even though it was so short, I couldn't get myself to read the whole thing.

Rating:  

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi

I definitely would've been more intrigued if it was an actual novel instead of a graphic novel. Instead I felt like way too much information was being crammed into tiny squares + drawings, so I got really overwhelmed with it and decided to skip it at this time.

Rating: DNF 

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.