Dec 5, 2017

Monthly Rewind | November 2017


I'm a little late with this rewind, but I want to be consistent so here goes a few days late! November was a good month, but towards the end of it, I found myself feeling really low. I've noticed that when the weather starts to change, I feel a little sad. My boyfriend is the same way, so for the last week of November I focused a lot on self-care and just getting myself out of sad days. There were a lot of good things this month as well, so let me focus on those. 

5 Good Things in November

1// I went to two shows, one being a favorite band of mine: The Front Bottoms. My boyfriend bought me tickets to both these shows for my birthday (in September) so we'd been anticipating these shows for a little under two months. We had so much fun in the first one, Passafire, which is an all time favorite of my boyfriends. 
2// I read a lot: Normally I finish a few books a month, but in November I got a lot more reading done than usual. I'll share more of that below but it definitely inspired me to read a lot each month (or try to!) because I really enjoyed it :)
3// We started exploring used bookstores: My boyfriend and I have been obsessing over Stephen King for a couple months now and this past month, he sent me a list of the best used bookstores in LA, so we've made it an adventure every Sunday to go to a few. We mostly look for King's books but I have found some other great stuff, too! I'm trying to vlog our trips but haven't edited a final video just yet.
4// Went to Solvang with my parents: It had been a long while since my brother and I took a day trip with our parents, but the weekend after Thanksgiving was a free one for both of us so we went down to Solvang and had breakfast and shopped. It was a good day.
5// I started hiking again! My aunt asked me to go hiking and it was really early, and really tiring, but I was so glad to finally be out and about doing that. 

What I Read in November





Around the Blog

Quick Reviews #8 | My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga // Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan

Wow, I didn't realize I posted so much this month! I am trying really hard to catch up on reviews so that I can start with a clean slate in the new year, so December will have as many reviews, if not more. 

Next Month

I have another ambitious TBR for December but since I did well in November, I think it's more doable. 
December TBR
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (currently reading)
Saving June by Hannah Harrington (currently reading)
The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict (currently reading)
There's A Stranger in Your House by Stephanie Perkins
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle
The Snowman by Jo Nesbø
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

Anticipated Releases
Roomies by Christina Lauren | December 5, 2017
The Young Queens by Kendare Blake | December 26, 2017
This month doesn't seem to have as many awesome releases, at least not that I am interested in. I haven't started the Three Dark Crowns series but I have the first book and I am excited to read it, so it seems cool that a prequel is coming out. 
To be honest, the only thing I am really excited coming out this month is the newest Star Wars movie! I cannot wait, and am starting a marathon of all the movies tonight, so that's fun! 

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.