Jan 12, 2018

Review | Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle


Title: Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
Series: N/A
Genre: YA - Contemporary/Holiday
Publication: October 2nd 2008 by Speak
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★

Synopsis: Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. 

Thoughts: This was a cute read, to be honest. I didn't have high expectations because I am not big on anthologies, so I wasn't really expecting to enjoy this that much. But I did like it. All the stories had quirky characters, sweet short romances, lots of snow, and happy endings. A perfect combination to end off the holiday season.

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson

This felt like the quickest story but not the shortest. Our protagonist, Jubilee, ends up on a train after her parents get arrested on Christmas Eve. That's about as much as I can share, but she goes on a mini adventure in search of warmth and to avoid cheerleaders. She makes some interesting decisions which I didn't were very smart, but everything turns out okay I guess, and it was simply a cute story.

A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green

I liked this story too, and it was a little different at the beginning, but I think had the sweetest little romance out of three. But I hated the whole "almost dying to get to cheerleaders because they're hot" plot so I think this one is my lowest rated one.

The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle

I think my favorite characters were in this one. Although, I felt that everyone was kind of unfair to the protagonist. Her friends kept telling her she was self-absorbed, etc. and I really didn't like them that much. But I thought the romance was really cute, but felt the plot was pretty far-fetched even though not much happens.

Final Thoughts: It was nice to see how the stories all came together at the end, although to be honest, they're a little forgettable and all the characters showing up at the end made me think, "Wait, who are they again? ohhh yeah." but that could be just my bad memory. Overall, it was a cute end of the year easy read that I'm glad I actually finished.

2 comments

  1. I read it in December and just like you - thought it was cute and that's all but didn't really have higher expectations. Third story was my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed it! i felt it was cute when i read it but i agree, they were pretty forgetable '-'

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.