Feb 7, 2018

Review | The Long Walk by Richard Bachman


Title: The Long Walk by Richard Bachman (Stephen King)
Series: N/A
Genre: Dystopia/Thriller
Publication: January 1, 2016 by Scribner
Format: Audiobook
Source: Library
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis: On the first day of May, 100 teenage boys meet for a race known as "The Long Walk." If you break the rules, you get three warnings. If you exceed your limit, what happens is absolutely terrifying.

Thoughts: The Long Walk is by far one of the creepiest Richard Bachman/Stephen King books I've read up to this point and I loved it. There's not much I can say without giving the whole premise of the book away, which I knew nothing about before reading this.

Like the quick synopsis explains, The Long Walk is a marathon of sorts where 100 young guys start walking. The reasoning behind the walk itself is never really explained, but the way the story unfolds is really terrifying. And while there is only one protagonist, we get an in-depth look at so many of the boys walking.

The story is pretty simple since all they are doing is walking, but the ending is left with a sort of cliff-hanger that left me feeling scared. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, it's one of my new SK favorites and one of my favorites of 2017. I definitely recommend this to fans of Stephen King, it's strange and creeps up on you.


Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.