Jan 16, 2021

Reading Goals | Books I Own

I have a habit of reading books I don't own. Anyone else? What I mean is the majority of books I read are borrowed from the library or from friends. Except I keep accumulating books on my shelves and not reading them. Instead, I check out other books from the library and read those instead. Last year, I really wanted to read more of my own books and I did a lot better with that goal than ever before. I also cut down a lot on my book purchases. This year though, I really want to focus on reading almost exclusively from my shelves. The few exceptions I have are very specific books that are chosen to read with my IRL book club and another extension of my online book club.


I have a ton of unread books on my shelves still, even though at the end of 2020 I purged my shelves and got rid of about 100+ books. I gave some away, sold some, donated some. Now I am left with two large bookshelves of books instead of four. I used to have six but when we moved into our current apartment, I really had to narrow down my books. For the last two years though, I have realized my reading changes have changed drastically, so it was easy for me to cut down so many books because I knew I really had no interest in reading them ever or again. Instead, my collection is now books I have read and loved or books I am very interested in reading soon. 


It's been nice to make my bookshelves something more exclusive to my likings. I used to have hundreds of books that were popular, but not necessarily ones I loved or was as interested to read. I plan to minimize them even more in the coming year, as I read only books I own and decide whether I want to keep them or not. 


xoxo

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.