Jul 17, 2009

Review | Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard



Gossip thrives amid the Mercedes-Benzes, mega mansions, and perfectly manicured hedges in the exclusive town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania. Behind their big Gucci sunglasses, beneath their perfectly pressed Polo's, everyone has something to hide, especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna. Spencer covets her sister's gorgeous new boyfriend. Aria is having an affair with her English teacher. Emily is infatuated with the new girl at school. And Hanna is using some ugly tricks to stay beautiful. Deeper and darker still is a horrible secret the girls have shared since sixth grade--a secret they thought was safe forever. Then the girls start receiving threatening messages signed by someone named "A." Could "A" be Alison, the ultra-popular girl who disappeared three years earlier? Alison was their best friend. She knew everything about them. But if Alison isn't "A," who is? And how could anyone else know so much about the bad girls they've become? Suddenly, their secrets--the big ones, the little ones, even the long-buried ones--no longer seem so secret. Suddenly, nothing is safe in Rosewood.

Thoughts: I can't remember why I really picked this up since I thought I would dislike it very much. I didn't expect the girls in the book to have distinct personalities and I wasn't surprised when it was full of clichés. But I actually found myself enjoying it because of the clear differences of each girl and the dark secrets they all had. It was well-written young adult novel, full of suspense which gave me chills a few times. Its a book full of drama and a few eerie moments, and I can't wait to pick up the next few to find out what happens next.

happy reading :)

3 comments

  1. I haven't picked this one up either for the same reason!

    Good to see it was better than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nona loved this series...btw, I love that photo in the left hand corner! :) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie... I'm still so amazed at how many books you manage to read. I used to be just like this back in the days...But now, with work and all, I hardly ever have time to pick up a book. Have you ever read books by Sydney Sheldon or Daniel Steel?

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.