Jul 13, 2012

Author Event Recap | L.A. Festival of Books 2012


Back in April I went to the L.A. Festival of Books. It was awesome! The day was warm, but not too hot, and I was ready to get some books and meet some authors. I had a vague idea of who was going to be there but I was not ready for the crowds.

I stood in the line to meet Alyson Noel and it lasted about an hour! I was able to get away and got to meet Deb Caletti and Ann Redisch Stampler. They were both super sweet! I spent a few hours walking around, checking out new books, getting food and just enjoying the day. Since it was the second day, there weren't as many authors signing as there are on the first.


I was looking forward to meeting Maggie Stiefvater though, but had a little while to wait.

I wandered a bit more, got a glimpse of Judy Blume, met Seth Grahame-Smith when I realized he was signing, forgot Kendare Blake going to be there also (I think!) and ended up being the first in line to meet Stiefvater.


I left early-ish in the afternoon, but the day was winding down and there wasn't much else to do. It was a great experience and I can't wait for next year!

2 comments

  1. I'd love to attend festivals and conventions for books, I've never heard of one being held in my country. It would be great to meet authors, I would be so excited. By the way I love the top you have on in the pics. :D

    Isa @ Chasing Quills

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these amazing authors were in LA?! Where have I been...
    Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.