Jul 12, 2012

Review | I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

Title: I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
Series: N/A
Genre: YA - Paranormal/Romance
Publication: January 8, 2008 by Simon Pulse
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Rating: ★★★

Synopsis: Girl meets boy. Girl loses boy. Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.

Ava can't see him or touch him,
unless she's dreaming.
She can't hear his voice,
except for the faint whispers in her mind.
Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson.
The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with.
He's back from the dead,
as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

Thoughts: I had been meaning to read this for years. Seriously, it has been years since I first heard of it and I wanted it. While I did enjoy it, I did not find it as memorable as I had hoped, even though it is a emotional read that almost made me tear up.

Ava's boyfriend Jackson dies in a tragic accident. Full or guilt and sadness, Ava is having a hard time dealing with his death and the fact that she will never see him again. It is tough to even imagine the kind of pain she is going through. Then she feels his presence and sees him for an instant in the mirror. She begins to hope he'll be around and wants to spend her time at home instead.

I love verse and I really liked the emotion Schroeder was able to pack in such a short book. I really felt for Ava, and while I felt sad with her, I really wanted her to get better and move on. Her feelings were raw, but I didn't really connect with her throughout the book. There wasn't a lot more to the story, and I suppose that is okay since it is such a short story. There is a bit of conflict when she meets a boy and then has to deal with her friends. She just has to learn to move on and not feel such guilt about it when she does.

Overall: Full of touching moments, I Heart You, You Haunt Me is a quick, emotional read that I am sure fans of verse and poetry will enjoy. It is definitely a sad love story, but a fast and sweet read that I am glad I finally read.

1 comment

  1. Oh, that sucks that this wasn't as memorable as you hoped. I have this book in my TBR pile so it's good to get a heads up. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.