Jul 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday | Recommended Read-a-Thon Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I can never seem to resist a good read-a-thon. On Monday, the Once Upon A Read-A-Thon begins and I am really excited. Lori (Pure Imagination,) Angela (Reading Angel) and Candace (Candace's Book Blog) are hosting it and yesterday they posted up a few books that they recommend the other participants to check out for read-a-thon's. I decided to play along and recommend a few as well, and while I tried to stay away from contemporary, those are the ones I love most and seem to finish up the quickest. Here are 5 books that I think would be great to read during a read-a-thon:

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler 
I read this book a few years back and I still treasure it.
It is a fast, emotional read that I adored and definitely recommend.
| Review |

Leftovers by Laura Wiess
Told from alternating points of view and with a shocking ending,
this is a bit of a mystery that kept me intrigued until the end.
| Review |

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
This one is definitely still one of my favorite paranormals.
It has fun characters, action, adventure & more! 
| Review |

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
This one is heartwrenching and will most likely make you cry.
I could not put it down because I became so attached to the story. This is a must read for sure.
| Review |

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
An incredibly sweet love story that I think everyone should
read. Definitely one of my all time favorites.
| Review |

And there you have it! These are all pretty short reads, some sad and a couple that aren't, but all worth reading. What books do you recommend for a read-a-thon? Share your suggestions with me :)

Want to join the read-a-thon? Hurry! It starts this Monday (July 9th)
There will be fun challenges and prizes for participants. Just click the button above.

4 comments

  1. I have been saving If I Stay for this readathon as I anticipated it would be a quick if emotional read!
    Definitely going to try and get my hands on Twenty Boy Summer and Leftovers too! Good suggestions!

    Good Luck!
    Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty Boy Summer has been sitting on my shelf! I need to check out Leftovers! Love all the rest of your suggestions!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove Twenty Boy Summer! I'm pretty sure I read it in one sitting too. I have Leftovers on my self. Maybe I'll add it to my read a thon pile.

    Thanks for post and participating! Have fun during the read a thon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved If I stay & A walk to remember <3
    Great books! Can't wait to read the rest! (x

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.