Jan 13, 2016

Review | The Rules by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié


Title: The Rules by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié
Series: N/A
Genre: YA - Horror/Thriller
Publication: June 23rd 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Format: Audiobook
Source: Library
Rating: ★★☆☆☆

Synopsis: Junior Robin Brisset has no idea what she's in for when she accepts an invitation to one of Callabrese High's most exclusive parties. And when the trademark scavenger hunt begins, Robin must go against every rule she's lived by to survive.

Thoughts: The main problem I had with The Rules, was how dull I found it. While the story starts off pretty interesting, I didn't like the characters (there are so many to keep track of too,) couldn't understand how they were being killed off so easily or why they kept thinking splitting up was a good idea. Luckily, I had the audiobook version of this book, so it was easy to get through and not feel like I wasted too much of my reading time.

Also, the killer in the end? What the hell was that. I sort of predicted before it happened but was still disappointed the authors took it that way. Wouldn't really recommend this one, but it's not completely terrible. Just a little boring but with plenty of violence to keep me listening.


Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.