Jan 6, 2016

Review | We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach


Title: We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
Series: N/A
Genre: YA - Contemporary/Science Fiction
Publication: March 24th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Format: Audiobook
Source: Library
Rating: ★★★☆☆

Synopsis: Before the asteroid we let ourselves be defined by labels:
The athlete, the outcast, the slacker, the overachiever.

But then we all looked up and everything changed.

They said it would be here in two months. That gave us two months to leave our labels behind. Two months to become something bigger than what we'd been, something that would last even after the end.

Two months to really live.


Thoughts: I was able to really enjoy We All Looked Up, which was sort of a mixture of contemporary/science-fiction. I felt like I connected with all the characters well, and liked them all. At some points I felt that the book dragged on a little much, but it made sense since there was a lot to go through for the end of the world.

I had seen in a review that the ending is sort of open, and while I expected this to disappoint me..it didn't. I really liked how it ended, since it didn't feel like a cliffhanger at all.

Overall, definitely an enjoyable read but I am glad I picked up an audiobook copy because I am not sure if I would've been able to finish it.


Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.