Jun 10, 2016

Literary Fashion | November 9 + The Merciless

Like I mentioned in my last Literary Fashion post, the outfits I've created no longer match the character, but instead, match the covers of the book.

November 9 was one of my favorite books last year, so I definitely wanted to create an outfit that matched. I've used dresses really often, though, so in order to change it up a bit, I added some colored pants and a cute lace top. This one was fun to create and I wanted to incorporate most, if not all, the colors on the cover.

November 9 by Colleen Hoover 



“When you find love, you take it. You grab it with both hands and you do everything in your power not to let it go. You can’t just walk away from it and expect it to linger until you’re ready for it.”

The Merciless by Danielle Vega


This one was tough to create, to be honest, because while I wanted to match the cover, I also wanted to add some of the books themes as well, but also include sort of a Mean Girls theme to it. The Merciless is about a group of popular high school girls (a la Mean Girls) who go psycho and try to perform an exorcism. So I went with an "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" theme to match the cover and reference Mean Girls. After adding heels and a skirt, though, I felt like the outfit should be more "high schooler" and I just can't imagine wearing heels to school all day (as you can see, I put lots of thought into these LOL.)
"We exorcise you, impure one, you satanic power." Her clear voice fills the cold corners of the basement.

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

When I was trying to figure what outfit to choose for this cover, I originally wanted a light summer dress but I couldn't find one in the right shade of blue. When I went with gold, I wanted a beautiful evening gown and then it turned into a much fancier outfit, which really has nothing to do with the book and everything to matching the covers almost exactly.

“You only really fall apart in front of the people you know can piece you back together.”

Which outfit is your favorite? Let me know and offer any suggestions for future books as well :)

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.