Sep 20, 2017

Review | The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre


Title: The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre
Series: Deanna Madden, #1
Genre: Adult - Thriller
Publication: January 21st 2014 by Redhook
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis: I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death. Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Thoughts: This was one of those books that I bought so that I could read right away. Normally, I buy books and they sit on my shelves for a very long time. I was so excited to read this though, that I picked it up right away, and I am happy to say that I was not disappointed.

The Girl in 6E follows our protagonist Deanna (or Jessica) who is, like the synopsis says, a recluse. She refuses to leave her apartment because she fears that her "lust for blood" will make her kill someone. Instead, she's made arrangements with neighbors (to lock her in at night) and sexy UPS men (to leave packages unsigned at her door) and other similar tactics in order to keep herself inside and keep everyone out there safe from her.

Deanna is a cam girl, and a very popular one at that. The details of this industry are explained vividly, which is why this is considered an erotica, even though she's on her own for about 85% of the book. She's an interesting character, and I loved how the author thought of everything when explaining how she was able to live without ever leaving her apartment. There are so many small details that I appreciated, and gave me a more thorough understanding on how it is possible to live this way.

I was very interested in the story, especially because there is some mystery about how Deanna got to this point in her life, which isn't revealed until later in the book and left me a little shocked. Deanna's life takes a bit of a turn when she has to consider leaving her apartment in order to do something good, instead of evil, like she has always expected from herself. While I was really captivated by the book the whole way through, I felt that the ending was a little too neatly finished off. I felt a little let down that the conclusion was tied off so neatly and while there were some minor loose ends, I wasn't as intrigued to continue the story as I was hoping.

I do recommend The Girl in 6E to fans of thrillers and erotica, this is an interesting take. I am not sure how soon I will pick up the next two books in the series, but I did read somewhere that there is a movie adaptation coming soon, so possibly before then. And although the ending fell a little flat for me, I still want to read more about Deanna and find out where her life is going from here.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.