Mar 13, 2019

Will I Review Books?

I haven’t reviewed a book here on the blog in a while because, well, I’ve been gone. I’ve sort of reviewed books on Goodreads but mostly just give them a star rating a leave it at that. But I’ve been going back and forth on whether to continue to review books now that I’m back to regularly blogging, and I don’t think I’ll be doing it the same way.

The thing is, I always struggled to get through reviews even though I did it for years. I also always fell behind on the reviews I was putting up because I was reading faster than I was reviewing, which goes to show how slowly I was reviewing because I read really slow. I was always playing catch up with my reviews on here especially because I wanted to make sure I reviewed every book I read. I even started making different kinds of review posts to inspire myself to write them, such as Short Story Saturday and Quick Reviews.

But after much thinking, I’ve decided that no, I won’t be reviewing books the same way. I think what works best for me is sharing my thoughts in a few sentences and providing a star rating, which is basically what I do on Goodreads like I said. I plan to post these “wrap up” kind of posts at the end of the month on books I’ve read that month and that’s it. It’ll still be me reviewing books but in a way that works better for me, and also goes hand in hand with the wrap up videos I upload on my YT channel.

I’m pretty excited to be changing up the format of my reviews, and while I didn’t want to really play catch up anymore, I’m going to do it for the books I’ve read this year so far. So you’ll be seeing January and February reviews in the next few days. But then I’ll be all caught up and that makes me even more excited.

Thanks for sticking through all these changes with me, if you have. I can’t express again, how good it feels to be back to blogging.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.