May 2, 2020

A Recap + May TBR

  

We’ll call this my April recap but it’s mostly my recap since isolation started. I wasn’t exactly planning on starting this blog back up anytime soon, if ever, because when I did that last, I kind of just lost interest. I think, or maybe I was too busy or not reading enough.

Either way, here we are. Being at home all the time is weird, wearing a mask everywhere overwhelms me, and now I’m being moved to be part time work so I have to go through the whole fun process of unemployment. But enough complaining. Let’s talk about books, because that’s a happier topic.

April Wrap Up

I’ve been reading a little more than usual because I have more time on my hands, and audiobooks have really come in handy cause I can just listen to them while I do things around the apartment, while journaling, or putting together puzzles. This last month I didn’t read as much as I thought I would because I kept taking breaks on the books I was reading.

Favorite Book of the Month

Heartstopper, Vol. 2

Books Read:
Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mendel
From Lukov, With Love by Mariana Zapata
Beautiful by Amy Reed
Theirs for a Night by Katee Robert

May TBR



There are a lot of events going on with my book club this month and I’m so excited. But that means my TBR is huge this month and I don’t know if I’ll really be able to get through so many books.
One of the events I’m most excited for is a Bingo/Tic-Tac-Toe board to complete. There were 50 prompts to choose from and to keep things easy, I went with 9 prompts to complete a Tic Tac Toe board. Here’s mine:



I’ve already chosen the books for each prompt because they also fit into a readathon I’m taking part of, the Listen Up Readthon which focuses on listening to audiobooks. I was planning to start on May 1st but still had one book left to finish from April so I’m focusing on that.

I’m super excited to reading more these next few weeks. Hopefully I’ll be updating on here weekly, but we’ll see how it goes ☺️

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.