May 4, 2020

Mini Reviews | An Anonymous Girl + The Family Upstairs + Station Eleven

An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I wasn’t a big fan of The Wife Between Us, the previous book I read by these authors, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this thriller to be enjoyable. While the premise to An Anonymous Girl seems similar to their last book — a plot revolving around two women and the audience is not exactly aware of how they are connected exactly — this one was more unique. I wasn’t able to figure out the ending either, which was nice, since I find most thrillers predictable. I did think the ending dragged on a bit and felt repetitive, but otherwise really liked this book. I look forward to reading more books by these two authors in the future.

eARC provided by publisher for review



The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell | ⭐️⭐️⭐️

This started off really interesting, and I wasn't sure what to expect because there were a few POV's and I wasn't sure how they were all connected. What intrigued me about this book was the mystery in the summary about a baby surviving where everyone else in the house was dead. But as the truth revealed itself, I was left feeling a little disappointed.

I was expecting a "bone-chilling suspense" book as was promised, but it fell a little flat for me, and the ending was a little more open-ended than I would've liked. I enjoyed this for the most part, but hoped for a little more suspense than it actually was.




Verity by Colleen Hoover | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I'd heard this was different than all other Colleen Hoover books and that's true  for the most part, although this had a romance aspect to it as well. This is more of a suspense/thriller of sorts, but I think it was missing a really good twist.

I thought I had the book all figured out by the end though, and it actually wasn't what I thought it would be. I did think the ending was a little flat. Normally, CoHo's books have a great twist, but this one wasn't like that so it was surprising. It was still an enjoyable book and I look forward to more like this from her.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.