May 5, 2020

Mini Reviews | Say You Still Love Me + All the Ugly and Wonderful Things + Daisy Jones & the Six


Say You Still Love Me by K.A Tucker | ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Let me start off by saying that I enjoyed this book — I gave it three stars after all — but I was disappointed I didn’t love it. I’d read and heard great things about K.A. Tucker and expected a little more. While I found the story to be enjoyable, I think this book was pretty forgettable. The story also switches back and forth between past and present, and at first I liked the transition since we could see how the couples relationship started, but after a while, I got tired of it and wished the past segments had only taken place at the beginning of the book. It felt like the author used this in attempt to surprise the readers but it fell flat for the couples present relationship. The ending felt very cliched and I was a little disappointed, and while I enjoyed the story while I was reading it, I can honestly say this is one of those books that I won’t remember in a short while.

eARC provided by publisher for review



All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was a buddy read in my book club, and what intrigued me was the taboo topic it focuses on. I know this would be something that not everyone wants to read, but I really enjoyed it. The story follows a child who grows up in a terrible home situation, cared for by a man who is a family friend, and they eventually fall in love.

I have to admit, that there were parts that were difficult to read, but the author was able to create such a realistic situation on why these two came together, that it wasn't hard to see why they eventually cared for each other so much. The only thing I had trouble with was the  happy ending, because it sort of wrapped up everything up with a bow. It threw off the whole book with how unrealistic it felt that everything turned out just fine in the end.



Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid | ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I've loved some of TJR, and found some okay, and this one was unfortunately one of her okay's for me. I'd heard great things and I was really excited to read this -- and listen to it -- since the audiobook has a full cast, but I am sad that the story didn't really intrigued me. I found the plot to be building up to something more dramatic, and was left wanting more. It was a fun book to listen though, don't get me wrong, I just really wanted more from the story itself. I look forward to reading more of TJR books in the future though, and love how different her stories have been so far.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.