May 21, 2020

Mini Reviews | The Tattoist of Auschwitz + The Giver of Stars +


The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris | ⭐⭐

I was so disappointed with this book because it was the first time I've read a book based off the Holocaust that I did not like. I saw many other reviews with similar feelings to mine, so I will keep this pretty short. The story itself was very interesting, and I would've enjoyed it if it had been told better. The writing lacked any sort of emotion, and for such a tragic event and story, I really didn't feel anything. I felt no connection to the characters and really wish the story had been told in a better way, seeing as it was based on true events and the author had interviewed the person who the book was based on.





The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes | ⭐⭐⭐

This was my first Moyes book and I was excited because I've heard great things about this author. While I liked this book, I didn't love it and I think that might hold me off from reading anything else by her for a little while. This book is inspired by a group of librarians in the 1930's who delivered books, but it had a lot of drama and sort of went on longer than really necessary to tell this story. There was a lot of underdeveloped characters but an entertaining read for the most part. I didn't think it really lived up to the hyped, and it is very much a book club sort of read (I read it for my book club.)

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.