May 27, 2020

Smutty Reads #2


Here is another few romance books I've read recently, most of which I enjoyed! 



Theirs for the Night by Katee Robert | ⭐⭐⭐

This was my first MMF romance and at first, I wasn't sure if I would really like it, but I wanted to give it a shot. I read it since it was the group book for Smutathon, and I really enjoyed it.

This was my first Katee Robert book and I'd heard great things about this author, so I am glad I liked it because I got a taste of what her work is like and am looking forward to reading more of her work soon. It definitely isn't my new favorite subgenre, but it was still a fun and quick read with a lot of great sexy scenes between the three characters. The story was left with a cliffhanger, since it's the first novella to start off a series, but I didn't love it enough to want to continue the series.

Heat Level:
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

+++++++

From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata | ⭐⭐⭐

This was a very slow burn, hate to love, sports romance. I normally don't read sports romance but I love both hate to love and slow burn, so I really wanted to love this one. For a romance though, the romance was slower than I wanted it to be. While I thought it was great that the characters went from enemies to friends to lovers, I felt like their relationship took a loooong time to develop. I loved other aspects of the story, such as the family relationships, all the pets, and even some of the sport description. But that wasn't what I was here for, honestly. I wanted more romance, and it took a while before anything like that happened. Then the end was kind of rushed and there weren't too many actual smutty scenes, so I felt a little disappointed.

Heat Level:
🔥🔥
++++++++

The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare

I looove me some historical fiction and I don't know how I have never read any Tessa Dare before this because OMG I loved this book. I have found my new favorite historical fiction author to binge (but I still have Julia Quinn as my #1) and can't wait to pick up more of these.

This book was a marriage of convenience and basically a Beauty and the Beast retelling. It had the usual tropes of any historical romance, but I don't care, I loved it all and had so much fun reading this one. The sex scenes were also a lot of fun, because they were super awkward at first. I am so glad this was one of my book club picks for the month cause otherwise, I am not sure if I would've ever picked up a Tessa Dare book.

Heat Level:
🔥🔥🔥🔥



And that's it for today! I definitely recommend Tessa Dare if you haven't picked it up and if you're looking for more romance recommendations, I am going to be sharing some of my favorite booktubers in a post soon, so I'll share some of my favorite romance readers out there.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.