Jan 3, 2015

Back to it and a happy new year!



I seem to have missed posting for the exact first day of the new year the last couple of years, but that's okay. Hey I'm here, I'm blogging again! I decided to actually dedicate some time to blogging. Even though I said I was, I really wasn't. I also jumped back on the social media bandwagon. I had deleted my Instagram, so I created a new one, especially because I noticed all these awesome tags and all these bookstagram accounts that I wanted to follow. So hey, follow me on my new account @ohoodlesofbooks. I'm just starting off there, but honestly, I'm kind of addicted to that app so I'll definitely be posting plenty.

In other news, 2014 was a good year for me. It was a year of lots of changes, lots of new friendships, and a lot of growing up for me. It was definitely the first year in a long time where I read the least (only 8 books!) and I neglected the blog a lot. It was because I became so busy just focusing on myself and on my life.

Anyways, as per usual, I have a few goals to accomplish with the new year. Like last year, I don't want to overwhelm myself with them. So here is my list:

  • Read books: Like last year, I just want to read books, whether 1 or 100, it doesn't matter. As long as I am enjoying them and reading for fun. That's what matters to me this year. My Goodreads challenge says 25 because I didn't want to set it so unrealistically high for myself, but I have no expectations to either accomplish it or exceed it. Only time will tell.

  • Re-read Harry Potter: This is seriously my most important goal (haha) of the new year. I've been dying to re-read my HP books and for some reason I haven't. I want to so badly, so this is it! This is the year I'm going to do it. And if these are the only books I read by the end of the year, then I'll be extremely happy.

  • Blog: I want to put a little more time into the blog, like I said, but I also don't want to only tie myself on focusing with the reviews. I tried that last year, and it didn't work out so great for me. So I just want to focus on posting about what I want to talk about. That's the point after all right?

  • Stay healthy and happy: I've done well in staying healthy for the most part, although for the last portion of 2014 I sort of just fell off my healthy stride, mostly because of the holidays and such, but I'm ready to get back to it. The happy part? Even though I went through a lot of changes this past year, they've been good changes. I realized that I was happy for the first time in a long time. Truly happy. I gained new friends who are like family, got rid of toxic relationships, and became really close with my family. I also met someone new who truly means a lot to me. I may still have a crappy retail job and am still in school, but the job is not so bad when everything else in my life is positive, and school will eventually be something I am proud to have completed no matter how long it takes me to get there.

That's it! I'm really happy about this short list, again, because it keeps my goals realistic and then at the end of the year when I look back I won't feel so disappointed with myself. Happy reading guys and happy new year! Let's make it a good one :)

1 comment

  1. I'm glad you're coming back, and I'm glad that you might post other things besides books! I like it when blogs have a personal touch... that's why I changed my blog into a personal blog, I guess! :)

    I've been telling myself that I'm going to re-read Harry Potter every single year!!! I need to do it this year too.

    ReplyDelete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.