Mar 11, 2019

Hello, it's me.


I'm back. I can't believe I am. When I wrote my last post, I was sure I was done. I made plans to delete my blog and made up a post with links in case anyone stumbled upon my blog and wanted to find me elsewhere. I was ready to say goodbye. Except I wasn't. I couldn't actually delete everything especially after so many years. I've had this little blog here since 2009 and while it's never been anything special to anyone except for me, I couldn't just erase everything that I had spent countless hours writing. I guess I just needed a long break.

I don't know how well my comeback will be, to be honest. But I have been thinking about posts I want to write, reviews I want to add to my list, new features and ideas I want to incorporate and I feel like maybe this time I am really back.

I think the reason why I stopped blogging as much was lack of inspiration and YouTube + social media. Other websites have become huge for the book community, from Booktubers to Bookstagrammers and everything in between. Blogging just isn't as popular as it used to be and I found myself lured into these other platforms. I started my own YouTube channel under the same name and attempted numerous times to have a dedicated book Instagram but that didn't work out. And while I regularly upload videos (honestly, it's just here and there every month if I'm to it) it's just not the same for me. I have to actually get ready, and have good lighting, and go over what I want to say. There's so much planning and preparation and I miss the ease of sitting in my pajamas and writing up a post in a few minutes. There's so much more that is involved in the other platforms and I am just too lazy to keep it going as frequently as others.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that blogging has been my favorite way of sharing my thoughts on books and I've missed it. Maybe I'm back for good or maybe I won't write another post for years. Who knows. I know I want to do this again and I think that I am finally determined to really come back.

I will see you all soon.


xoxo
Cindy

2 comments

  1. I'm glad to see you're back! You're not showing up in my Bloglovin' feed reader for some reason so I'll have to follow another way. I also deleted my IG then signed back up again... what's your username over there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I've been having trouble getting all my feed reader thingys to work since I moved from Wordpress and changed my domain name (am back to using .blogspot) so it'll probably be a bit before my posts start showing up. I've been working on getting set up again on Bloglovin so hopefully that'll be happening soon. Other than that, I just have email subscriptions set up at the moment. I wondered why I hadn't seen posts of yours! My personal is cindeeroxee but I'm setting up a bookish one (nothing on there yet) under ooodlesofbooks (3 o's).

      Delete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.