May 8, 2020

Healthy(ish) Vol. 2

  

A little over a year ago, I started this feature hoping to share more on my active/dieting/fitness lifestyle. After the first post, I never got around to updating you all on what progress I made or anything. In that post, my goal was to reach 135 lbs before a cruise I went on in April, and I did it. I reached and surpassed my goal weight and I felt great. Once I came back, I fell into depression and it was really difficult for me to be active. I wasn't enjoying any of my regular activities, and I shared a bit about that here.

A couple months later, I was finally able to get myself back into my workout routine, but wasn't exactly dieting the same way. I went back to about 140 lbs but was okay with it, because I wasn't really in the right mind set to go back to dieting as well.

Let's Talk About Weight

Fast forward to today and we are dealing with a quarantine/pandemic. Times are tough and I know we're kind of just waiting for things to go back to our normal's. Being stuck at home means more snacking for me. Being stressed means more snacking. Being up more hours because I don't have to wake up early means more meals throughout the day. After a month and a few days of being in quarantine, I decided to weigh myself.

149.8 lbs

I almost cried. That is the heaviest I have ever been. And it's so close to 150 that I couldn't believe it. If you look at me, you can't really tell that I've gained that weight back. I notice it in several areas of my body, but it's not very obvious. So instead of crying and complaining, I kicked myself in the butt and began to run in the morning, and count macros. That lasted all of two days. I can't pretend that I can just go back to that way of life from one day to another. After mulling it over a few more days, I realized the best way would be to make only small changes for now.

My Short Term Goal 

I know I really need to be more active. I spend a lot of time sitting around these days, and I can tell it's starting to affect me in other ways than just how I look. Taking the stairs up to our third floor apartment has me winded these days, so I need to incorporate more cardio in every day I can.

I've started a few workouts a week. While I was working out during quarantine, it was about once a week if I felt like it. Now I've committed to a routine, and I'm doing workout Zoom calls with a couple of my coworkers. We have three nights a week where we workout together, and with a couple walks on the other days, I think I'll be on a good route to go back to working out regularly.

What I'm Eating

It's difficult to not eat at home, but I've managed to be more aware of what I'm eating. I cut down one meal since I was having four on some days! I limited my snacking by simply not having as many snacks at home. I had taken up day drinking regularly, and now have gone back to having a couple beers during the weekend only. These small changes are helping. I can tell.

I haven't gone back to weigh myself after obsessing over my weight for two or three days. I decided it would be better if I waited until I had made some progress, and then go back and weigh myself. I guess I'll be updating you all on that in a couple weeks.

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.