May 13, 2020

Smutty Reads #1



I read a lot of romance and for some time I wanted to have a feature where I talked about some of the recent smutty books I've read. I love readathons that focus on romance/smutty books (Smutathon anyone?) Join me as I read some delicious romance books with lots of smut! 



Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was definitely not something I would normally read, but I picked it up because of an event going on in my book club. Blue alien smut was not something I expected to like or be into, but this book caught me by surprise.

The protagonist is abducted, along with many other women, and they crash land on an planet with big, blue, aliens who are very attracted to them. While they try and figure out how to get back to work, lots of sexy times ensure between the main character and her blue hero.

I giggled so much while reading this, and most of my fellow book club members who read this also really enjoyed it. We had such a blast reading this and talking about it after. I don't think I'll be picking up the rest of the series (yet!) but I am definitely glad I gave it a shot because I loved it. It's definitely a fun time, even if a little weird because...blue aliens?!

Heat Level:
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

+ + + + + + +

The Deal by Elle Kennedy | ⭐️⭐️

This was a very typical college, friends-to-lovers romance. I was really excited for it but found myself bored very early on, which was disappointing. I struggled to get into it and when I finally did, I found the story to be very predictable, but not in a fun way (for me.) The sexy scenes were really great, but again, I didn't really care for the story all that much, so I didn't enjoy them all that much either.

I think this was the second Elle Kennedy story I've tried and I think this author is just not for me, I guess. I may give her another shot in the future, but I don't plan on continuing this series. 

Heat Level:
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

+ + + + + + +

Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas | ⭐️⭐️⭐️

This is considered more of a dark romance and maybe those are not for me, or its this author specifically since I didn't enjoy a previous book of hers I read, but I didn't love this one as much as I was hoping. I heard of this book years ago and it'd been on my TBR that long so I was pumped to finally get a copy to read. Unfortunately, the story felt a little flat for me.

This follows two protagonists who have been pen pals for years, but when they finally meet in person, they don't know it's each other. At least, one of them doesn't know. The chemistry between the two is undeniable, and the smutty scenes were good, but it also focuses on two teenagers so with that in mind, I enjoyed it slightly less than I would've if it had been older protagonists. I still enjoyed the story for the most part, but don't think it's as great as it's hyped up to be.

Heat Level: 
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯



I've been reading a lot more romance lately and loving it! And I will be sharing those as often as I can ;)

Post a Comment

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.