Jun 1, 2020

Monthly Rewind | May 2020

It's been a crazy month. I know there are a lot of sad + important things happening in the world right now, but this place is my little escape from reality, so I am going to focus on different things instead.

5 Good Things in May
  

1// I really got back to blogging: I wasn't sure if it would really happen, but I wanted to give my blog another shot because after a couple of years of taking breaks and attempting to come back, I realized I really want to share my thoughts on books + other things on the blog.
2// I went out for a hike: the weekend before last, I finally went out for a hike. most parks and hiking trails had been closed because of the quarantine, but they recently opened a few back up so my aunt and cousin and I decided to go out for a hike. it was a bit strenuous but a lot of fun. i can't wait to get back to more normal activities like that.
3// I got a Nintendo switch + animal crossing: I am not even sure if it happened in May but its worth sharing that I jumped on the Switch wagon and got myself Animal Crossing, which I am obsessed with at the moment. it's a lot of fun and it really helps with distracting myself when i really need it.
4// I got my first BOTM box: I'd been dying to sign up for book of the month for a while and finally decided to go ahead and do it this time. I got two books and for June I already picked out three...so I am not sure how good of an idea this actually was. 
5// I did a lot of reading: my reading has definitely improved since I have been staying at home, but -starting today (June 1st) I am back at work full-time. I am just hoping I will able to keep up the momentum of my reading going for the rest of the year LOL

Favorite Book of the Month
The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)

The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare

I read a lot of good books in May but I have to say, reading a historical romance again did it for me. It made me so happy to reading a good romance again, and I was just so happy while reading this one. I can't stress enough how much I loved this. 

Books Read:
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
In the Country We Love: My Family Divided by Diane Guerrero
The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
If It Bleeds by Stephen King
The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver
After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid
The Dutch House by Ann Patchett

June TBR

I am trying to keep my TBR for June as open as possible because of Bookopoly, an event that takes place over on my book club. I do have a few books picked out though for other things, and I am hoping to be able to fit those in the prompts that I might roll during this event. So as of now, I don't really have a set TBR, and I will leave it at that...



2 comments

  1. I read so much while I was home too! I loved it! I'm in my third week back at work FT now though, but I'm still trying to keep it up!
    UGH, I keep thinking about joining BOTM. Do you think it's worth it so far? I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I've liked my choices, but I keep choosing extras so I'm spending more than I should be LOL. I say give it a shot! I can send you my friend link too, I think you get your first book for $9.99 that way? Something like that...

      Delete

© oodles of books. Design by Soleilflare.